Thursday, September 15, 2005
Background research
Those of you who came to the recent Lunch and Learn might be interested in some of the research and articles that I looked at to prepare the background.
- A report that was written by BackBone Media - 'Corporate Blogging - is it worth the hype?' gives case studies of IBM, Macromedia, Microsoft, and other companies and how they've introduced blogging.
- A futher article on Blogging@IBM which was written by one of their developers and gives details of the guidelines that the company gave to employees when they encouraged them to start blogging.
- Some good blogs that I read in preparation included Headshift, the Guardian Online Blog and BoingBoing
- A good introduction was the City Information Group presentation that David Tebbut gave a few months ago on blogging and social computing.
- NewsGator is the RSS tool I use for subscribing to content, and this is the RSS feeder that Factiva recommend.
- Google Talk and Skype are a couple of the Voice Over IP (VoIP) providers that I mentioned during the presentation.
- If there's any librarians interested, there is a huge Google Directory page with links to loads of librarian created blogs, including Dispatches from a Public Librarian on McSweenys.net